Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, November 13, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. High school diploma or GED;
2. Basic Law Enforcement Certificate;
3. Two years or more of full-time experience with a NC law enforcement agency;
4. Current certification as a law enforcement officer in accordance with the provisions of the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission or the ability to achieve certification within one year of employment;
5. Must be at least 21 years of age;
6. Valid NC Driver License;
7. Ability to pass a criminal background investigation;
8. Ability to work evenings and/or rotating shifts;
9. North Carolina Law Enforcement Certificate;
10. DCI or CJ Leads Certification;
11. CPR & AED Certification.
1. AAS Degree or higher level of education.
Job Description Summary
The primary function is to provide an environment that allows students, staff, faculty and visitors to interact in safe and secure surroundings. The role is to actively support the educational activities of the college through safety, security and law enforcement services. These services will meet the highest level of approval and the candidate will constantly strive to anticipate the needs of the Community College.
1. Maintain complete confidentiality with regard to all campus information no matter the source, content, or how the information is acquired;
2. Utilizes technology such as computers, radio systems, telephones, and other communication equipment;
3. Manage and directs employees in general patrol, traffic enforcement and investigative work;
4. Possess exceptional communication and negotiation skills to maintain the dual relationship of law enforcement and public service to a constituency of students, faculty, staff, and visitors;
5. Enforce the laws of the State of North Carolina and the United States.