Closes: Friday, October 20, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- An earned Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated, exemplary leadership in a comprehensive community college at the level of Dean or above.
- Proven record demonstrating the ability to effectively work with a variety of constituencies including education, business, industry, community, and governmental entities.
- Ability to work effectively with a college foundation and to develop alternate sources of funding.
- Record of positive staff leadership and cooperative team building; commitment to creating and maintaining a climate for personal, professional, and institutional growth and development.
This position has full authority and responsibility for the development of the institution under the policies and regulations of the Board of Trustees and of the State Board of Community Colleges.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all administrative and managerial aspects of the institution.
- Responsible for sound fiscal management. Advises the Board of financial and budgetary needs of the institution and recommends the items to be included in the current expense budget and the capital outlay budget.
- Responsible for recommending the employment and dismissal of all employees.
- Recommends policies to the Board when deemed to be in the best interest of the institution and/or when requested to do so by the Board.
- Takes the initiative in shaping and maintaining the educational policies and the character of the institution and recommends changes in the programs and services provided by the institution.
- Recommends curriculum programs and other educational programs deemed in the best interest of the citizens of the citizens of the area and the State of North Carolina. These programs should be educationally and financially feasible and should not conflict with state law or other standards of the State Board of Community Colleges.
- Appoints lay advisory committees, as needed.
- Consults with the Board Chairman on agenda for the meetings of the Board.
- Receives and accepts for the Board private donations, gifts, bequests, and the like; applying them or investing any of them and applying the proceeds and upon terms the donor may prescribe consistent with statutory provisions and regulations of the State Board of Community Colleges; and maintains proper records of all such transactions as information for the Board on the receipt and disposition of all such gifts.
- Signs all degrees, diplomas, and certificates awarded by the institution and secures the signature of the Chairman of the Board of Trustees on these documents.
- Establishes such rules and procedures for the institution as may be necessary to implement the policies and regulations of the Board of Trustees and the State Board of Community Colleges and provides each Trustee with copies of all such rules and procedures in the form of a manual.
- Discharges any other functions the Board delegates.
- May include both day and evening hours.
How to Apply
Visit our website at www.sampsoncc.edu to view the president profile and application procedure.
To make confidential inquiries about the position, the application process, or search process, please contact Ms. Frankie Sutter, Director of Personnel, at 910-592-8081, ext. 2005, or email@example.com.
Application materials must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. (EST) on October 20, 2017.
Job Post Contact
Mrs. Frankie Sutter, Director of Personnel
Sampson Community College
1801 Sunset Avenue P.O. Box 318
Clinton, NC 28329
(910) 592-8081 x.2005 (910) 592-8048 fax