Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum: Master's degree in Economics or a related subject area with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Economics.
Preferred: Master's degree in Economics or closely related subject area with a minimum 18 graduate hours in Economics. Teaching experience at the post-secondary level, familiarity with Moodle, and online teaching experience a plus.
Position open until filled. Applications reviewed upon receipt.
Hire Date: August 7, 2018 Pending Budget Approval
Primarily instruction and public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty; developing curriculum; maintaining professional competence. Faculty members are responsible to a department/division chair or team facilitator, sometimes a coordinator. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, and facilitator of learning.
- Maintains annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepares course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintains records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Maintains posted office hours as required by College policy and procedure and be available for student conferences and tutoring.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by the College procedure and discussing results with department chair.
- Participates in the development and implementation of articulation programs and agreements and promote student participation in such programs.
- Provides students with academic and career advisement and assistance in transferability as appropriate.
- Works with students and employers in occupational settings, on-the-job training, practicum's, internships and similar work-related situations as needed.
- Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Donates academic expertise in the local, state or national community when appropriate to fulfill the community relations goals of the college.
- Serves on the faculty, college, and Community College System of North Carolina committees as appropriate.
- Supports and encourages college sponsored activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of offer of employment .
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.