Haywood Community College
Regional Center for the Advancement of Children
185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Must be 18 years of age; hold Early Childhood Credentials or willing to obtain credentials within first six months of start date, willing to commit to obtaining Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education. Professional level of educational theory, child development and teaching skills. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Capable of relating to diverse age and demographic backgrounds. Physical ability sufficient to frequently bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds. Possess a willingness to learn procedures and regulations specific to the care and education of infants and children. Possess a willingness to learn necessary skills and knowledge and to strive for continuous improvement. Demonstrate diplomacy, tact and professional demeanor.
Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education or higher. Minimum 3 years' experience in an Early Childhood setting
The Assistant Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing the daily program of activities for a group of children in the Regional Center for the Advancement of Children and to follow Child Care Standards to promote the health, safety, and well being of all children in their care. Responsible for planning and implementing the daily program of activities for a group of children and to follow Child Care Standards to promote the health, safety, and well-being of all children in their care.
• Stepping into the Lead Teacher's position in their absence
• Having an understanding of child development and growth.
• Working with a group of children.
• Assisting the Lead Teacher in planning and carrying out the daily indoor and outdoor activities, preparation and serving of meals and snacks.
• Helping each child to adjust and feel secure in the center.
• Maintaining a safe, clean and pleasant environment by helping keep the center clean, appropriate communication with and around children, positive relationship with parents, children and other staff, licensure and Five Star Compliance, supervision of the group while working with one child, compliance to confidentiality policies, CPR and First Aid Certification.
• Being sensitive and patient with children, supervised by teacher and director but possessing the ability to work without supervision.
• Using a pleasant, calm tone of voice, positive discipline techniques.
• Anticipation problems and redirecting children.
• Participating in staff meetings, training sessions as required by North Carolina Division of Child Development, supervision and guidance of work-study and Co-op students.
• Arriving at work on time and on a regular basis.
• Conducting one's self in a professional manner.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Continue education to achieve Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education.
How to Apply
Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
- Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses. References may not be current HCC employee.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution