- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
• A certificate from an accredited driving program or specialized training at the level required to meet professional preparation of the assigned area of instruction.
• For Truck Driver Training faculty; Class A CDL with Hazmat, Tanker and Doubles endorsements.
• Five years of over the road (OTR) experience required.
• One or more years of experience in an instructional setting as a tutor or teacher are preferred.
CFCC’s Truck Driver Training program teaches proper driving procedures, safe driver responsibility, commercial motor vehicle laws and regulations, and the basic principles and practices for operating commercial vehicles. The program also administers CDL (commercial driver’s license) testing to the students. Instructors will provide instruction in motor vehicle laws and regulations, map reading, vehicle maintenance, safety procedures, daily logs, defensive driving, freight handling, security, and fire protection. Instructors will use highway driving, training range exercises, and classroom lectures to develop the student’s knowledge and skills.
Employees within this class are distinguished from the Program Director by the performance of basic and general instructional duties. Employees at this level receive instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise.