Closes: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field of study
- Two years of clerical work experience in a business/purchasing environment including Accounts Payable and/or Fixed Assets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field of study
- Five years of clerical work experience in a business/purchasing environment including Accounts Payable and/or Fixed Assets
The Purchasing Technician reports to the Purchasing Agent. The Purchasing Technician assists the Purchasing Agent in the operations of the Purchasing and Receiving Office.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and equipment and prints purchase orders.
- Audits and approves invoices for payment of supplies and equipment processed in Purchasing and Receiving Office.
- Receives, checks-in and distributes institutional supplies and minor equipment. This involves bending, stooping, lifting, and visual observation.
- Receives and accurately tags major equipment.
- Manages the disposal process of surplus equipment according to State Surplus Department guidelines.
- Accurately completing annual fixed asset inventory.
- Maintains Colleague Fixed Asset database used for financial reporting.
- Balance equipment purchases monthly and verify fixed asset listing to purchases on general ledger.
- Prepares shipments and receives deliveries by United Parcel Service, Federal Express, motor freight companies, and other carriers.
- Orders and maintains general supplies for general office use. Assists faculty and staff in procuring office supplies from office supply inventory.
- Provides maintenance support and troubleshooting for operation of copier in Vocational-Technical Center.
- Sorts, prepares and files invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares and processes monthly supply log to accurately charge departmental budgets.
- Keys requisitions for supplies and equipment and prints purchase orders.
- Assists Purchasing Agent in other areas as needed.
- Assists faculty & staff with researching items for purchasing to insure compliance with State Purchasing & Contract regulations and utilization of “best practice” purchasing procedures.
- Facilitates the efficient and effective procurement of goods and services with available resources including E-Procurement and Purchasing Card.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports to North Carolina Community College System and other agencies.
- Reconciles vendor statements with outstanding purchase orders.
- Provides training to end-users on effective use E-procurement utilization. Provides ongoing support to all college employees in acquiring necessary resources to accomplish the mission of the college.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Mailroom duties including processing outgoing mail, sorting and distributing incoming mail twice weekly and other times when needed.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205