- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Five years experience in knitting machine repair and diagnostics. Computerized knitting machine pattern design experience on either double or single cylinder machines.
High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver's license.
- Santoni knitting principles, procedures, and practices.
- Garment fabrication from Santoni produced fabric
- Computer software for Santoni knitting machines and knowledge of such programs as Word and Excel.
- Presentation skills necessary to teach classes on this subject.
- Knowledge of yarns used in Santoni knitting.
- Cost of raw materials in Santoni production.
- Develop customized training plans for mills needing help in the knitting area.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain equipment in the Santoni lab.
See minimum qualifications
Manage and maintain Santoni Lab and help coordinate projects with Finishing and Testing Labs.
Manage and coordinate the cut sew process for any Santoni produced fabric
Work with Entrepreneurs to help Develop their products and then source it out to a Manufacturer.
Work with yarn and knitting companies to help trouble shoot problems.
Work with yarn and knitting companies to create new markets for their products.
Work closely with testing and finishing labs on textile related problems and projects.
Handle invoicing for projects.
Develop and teach various courses in the area of Santoni Knitting.
Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures.
Continuously upgrade knowledge and skills of new types of knitting equipment and the computer software required to run this equipment.
Order parts, tools, yarn, and repairs for the MSC lab on campus.
Coordinate development of materials to help teach the classes. (Videos, computer software, etc.)
Customize classes to meet customer needs.
Coordinate tours and visits from schools and other interested parties.
Work with various companies to perform yarn trials, machine tests, or other tests as required.
Coordinate with the NCMEP to provide outreach to clients they identify.
Work with area high schools to develop the Santoni Apprenticeship Program.
Perform other duties as assigned.