Harnett County (Lillington Campus)
Closes: Monday, February 19, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree and at least 3 years of experience in a financial aid office, or equivalent education and experience.
- Must be willing to travel. Frequent local travel a must.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience using Datatel/Colleague system
This position will be responsible for coordinating and administering all facets of one or more aid programs and major office operations; ensures programs and office operations are managed effectively, efficiently, with a strong service orientation, and in compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations, at CCCC's Harnett and Chatham campus, and other off-campus sites and centers. Responsibilities include document intake, data entry, counseling and assisting students and parents on the financial aid process, interpreting and explaining federal and state regulations to students and parents; reviewing and processing financial aid applications, required documents, and other forms; performs verification of files according to federal and state regulations, and awarding and disbursing student aid.
The Senior Financial Aid Specialist responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages all facets of one or more aid programs and major office operations for CCCC's Harnett and Chatham campuses, off-campus sites, and centers.
- Performs processing for applications, grant/scholarships, student employment, and SAP review; recalculates aid eligibility.
- Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, aid eligibility, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning.
- Interprets and explains state and federal regulations to parents and students.
- Identifies records/documents with conflicting information and follows up with students and Financial Aid Specialists.
- Collect required documents related to financial aid applications in a manner which is consistent, organized and meets all federal, state and institutional guidelines. Notifies and requests required documentation from students for file completion and eligibility determination.
- Code documentation appropriately and enter into the Colleague Communication Management System.
- Scan and index documents to student records into the imaging system. Maintain all student files within the imaging system.
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of student records and information.
- Conduct thorough verification of student data provided on FAFSA application and resolve conflicts and discrepancies.
- Process financial aid awards, input data, assign account codes, make adjusting entries, and balance assigned funds and accounts.
- Provides assistance with the College Work Study, Scholarship, and State Grants Program as required.
- Prepare applicable financial aid reports related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Represent the Financial Aid Department during promotional events (Open Houses, Orientations, Workshops, etc.).
- Act as a liaison between various departments, offices, and outside agencies to resolve conflict, expedite processing, and access information.
- Perform additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, or other designated management.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources