Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
Closes: Friday, January 19, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School or GED
- Valid driver's license
- One to two year(s) experience or combination in shipping and receiving and general maintenance,
Working in community college environment preferred.
The job of SHIPPING AND RECEIVING is done for the purpose/s of pulling and loading orders for delivery; ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct; verifying stock and identifying losses; and maintaining an organized layout and safe work environment. Maintaining inventory control and doing the required recordkeeping is required. Performs general maintenance when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment
- Receives and deliver materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand truck
- Maintains bookwork and records serial numbers on inventory sheets for state audit
- Prepares documents, such as bills of lading, and shipping orders to route material
- Receives and file various records and reports such as equipment maintenance records and files, invoices, packing slips, call messages, and requisitions
- Pack, seal, label and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping
- Operates a forklift
- Must be physically able to exert in excess of one hundred pounds of force occasionally, and in excess of fifty pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of twenty pounds of force constantly to lift carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with mechanical maintenance
- Perform other related duties as required
- Interacts and communicates with various individuals including supervisor, co-workers, vice-president, and president.
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer