Closes: Saturday, June 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting required.
· Master’s in Accounting or related field preferred
· CPA preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Experience in fund accounting preferred. Experience in NC Community Colleges a plus.
· Experience in Ellucian Colleague and/or Great Plains preferred.
· Experience with Datawatch Monarch preferred.
· Non-Profit experience preferred.
· Five years general office experience that must include substantial auditing, accounting, and analytical related functions.
· Two years of experience in public accounting, internal audit, corporate accounting or a combination of experience in these areas required.
· Ability to apply accounting principles and practices in both a manual and automated accounting environment.
· Ability to prepare interpretive and analytical accounting reports.
· Ability to analyze and correct accounting problems and bookkeeping errors.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
· Ability to interpret and apply Federal, State and Local fiscal regulations.
· Ability to apply GTCC administrative policy as it applies to the areas of assignment.
· Ability to maintain job effectiveness under stress while adhering to strict deadlines.
· Ability to display initiative and resourcefulness in solving problems and updating skills/knowledge.
· Expert in use and development of Excel spreadsheets, proficiency in use of PC’s for word processing and internet research.
· Ability to summarize audit/research findings in a clear, concise manner, using appropriate grammar and vocabulary in writing reports and memos.
· Ability to maintain a positive, assertive, confident and professional demeanor.
· Ability to use independent, mature judgment in responding to unusual situations, resolving conflict and identifying situations and recommend solutions to be referred to supervisor.
· Research, assess, and recommend changes in procedure or technology to advance the Business Office in all areas.
· Proficiency in the use of a ten-key calculator and other standard office equipment.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and a clear record of financial transactions and financial reports in order to document a clear, organized audit trail.
· Willingness to exhibit high levels of commitment and dedication.
See above minimum requirements.
The individual in this position will coordinate internal control assessments for all areas of the college and its related entities and serve as a backup to the Senior Accountant, Not for Profit. Individual must be capable of making independent decisions relevant to job assignments, including applying skills and knowledge to unusual circumstances with little direct supervision.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact