Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, June 19, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree in Office Systems Technology or related degree.
2. One year of experience working closely with sensitive records in an education or healthcare setting.
3. One year experience serving the public in face-to-face, phone and written formats.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
2. Working knowledge of the NC Community College system and related software.
3. One year experience working in a college Student Services office environment.
Job Description Summary
Process transcript requests and manage the transcript ordering process. Provide excellent customer service to both students and employees by responding to phone, email, and walk-in inquiries. Keep class and student records (both paper and computerized) organized and updated in an orderly and timely manner in accordance with appropriate accreditation and state regulations. Perform back-up transcript evaluation and course substitution duties as needed.
• Manages the transcript ordering process, including: processing on-demand transcripts for walk-in students; providing support to students using the third-party transcript ordering software (Parchment); communicating with the third-party software vendor to resolve concerns related to the ordering and delivery of transcripts; and maintaining College webpages and other communications related to the transcript ordering process.
• Responds to phone, email, and walk-in inquiries from both students and College employees. Serves as the first point-of-contact and primary customer service representative for the Records and Registration Office, utilizing effective verbal and written communications skills.
• Processes registration changes and overrides for curriculum students and faculty advisors. Use critical thinking skills to resolve concerns related to registration and course schedules.
• Provides administrative support to the Records and Registration office including data entry, scanning archived student records, demographic information changes, transcripts, etc.
• Assists with graduation processing and the commencement ceremony.
• Creates and modifies course sections for Independent Study, High School and irregular classes as needed, and ensures proper recording and management of records related to course schedules.
• Assists with collection and recording of information needed to assist with the preparation of audit materials.
• Provides back-up support to the Student Services Information Desk as needed.
• Releases curriculum student information in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
• Performs other clerical duties as assigned by the Registrar or Associate Registrar.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.