Closes: Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other similarly related field with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
• Two or more years in an accounting position with experience preparing financial reports and analyzing financial data.
• Must be highly skilled in the use of Excel worksheets.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
Advanced degree in accounting or business with proven experience as an accountant, preparing financial statements, Colleague, and North Carolina Community College experience.
Support the Business Office in the day-to-day operations, which include, but not limited to, maintaining financial records, reconciling general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries and various reports, overseeing the EAGLE program, and assisting with the preparation of financial statements. The successful candidate must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills, interpersonal skills, and a strong attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Monitor and reconcile college grants and prepare reports, reimbursement requests, and invoices as required by the granting agency.
• Organize and coordinate a team to assist in administering the EAGLE program.
• Reconcile financial aid awards to the general ledger and to payments received through EFT and/or the Department of Education Grants Management System (G5).
• Assist the Controller with the preparation of financial reports including, but not limited to, monthly reports, quarterly reports, fiscal year-end reports, and calendar year-end reports.
• Prepare journal entries as needed and authorized by the Controller and/or Vice President of Administrative Services/CFO.
• Monitor cash and budget availability and request monthly cash certifications via NCCCS WebAdvisor.
• Verify coding and accuracy of all checks processed before mailing.
• Assist with year-end financial statements and other financial documents, including, but not limited to, closing fund 55 and keying accrual journal entries.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, each candidate must submit a completed Edgecombe Community College Application for Employment and photocopies of transcripts, licenses, and certificates to:
Edgecombe Community College
2009 West Wilson St.
Tarboro, NC 27886
A separate application is required for each job posting. Applications may be obtained from the receptionist on campus in either Rocky Mount or Tarboro, mailed on request, or printed from our web site at https://www.edgecombe.edu/resources/work-at-ecc/.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will be reviewed as they are received.