- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 11, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in teaching discipline OR
- Associate's degree AND demonstrated competencies in teaching architectural or construction design discipline.
- Experience teaching adults in both a seated and online/hybrid environment.
- College or university teaching experience.
An adjunct instructor is needed to teach Statics/Structures.
This course covers the principles of statics and strength of materials as applied to structural building components.
- forces on columns,
- girders, and
- footings and connection points when timber, steel, and concrete members are used.
Upon completion, students should be able to accurately analyze load conditions present in structural members.
The purpose of an adjunct instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
- Teach curriculum to students.
- Maintain accurate documentation required for students and instructors for the course.
- Keep current with information and skills in teaching field.
- Work cooperatively with all directors and staff.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources