Shelby, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, October 13, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's degree from an accredited institution.
Mnimum 5 years of experience and skills in related work.
Ability to be self-directed and to complete work independently.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment, working well with others.
Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
Skill in the use of computers and commitment to use of technolgy.
Experience with Windows Server 2008-2016. Active Directory, Microsolf Exchange and Office 365.
Ability to embrace change and new technologies and to work effectively in high-pressure situations.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to provide leadership in anticipating and responding to change.
Provide exceptional customer service with people internal and external to the institution.
Familiarity with and appreciation fo rthe mission of a comprehensive community college.
Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
* Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
* Collaborating and facilitating
* Creating and innovating
* Anticipating and responding to change
* Providing vision and leadership
Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
See Required Qualifications
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, the Systems and Operations Analyst responds to support tickets, manages faculty and staff PCs, computer labs, classroom instructor workstations, and is responsible for the maintenance of user accounts and the workflows that automate the creation and deletion of accounts for faculty, staff and students.
- Actively monitor helpdesk tickets and provide timely responses to all support issues.
- Actively monitor, manage and maintain the creation and deletion of user accounts, solving issues of duplicate accounts and name changes when required and manually processing workflows as necessary.
- Assist with the maintenance of the College’s data storage infrastructure, backup procedures, load balancer, virtual infrastructure and disaster recovery solutions.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the College’s Office 365, e-mail spam filtering and e-mail archiving systems as well as the Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the College’s Active Directory and identity management systems.
- Manage and maintain all physical PCs in classrooms and faculty and staff offices.
- Assist with the management of the College’s SharePoint environment, including the Ellucian Portal and Nintex/workflows sites.
- Assist with the management of the College’s asset management system, including helpdesk, workflows, knowledgebase, licensing compliance and other functionality.
- Assist the Chief Information Officer with the management and direction of the part-time IT staff.
- Participate in professional and staff development opportunities.
- Serve on committees as requested and as designated in the Policies and Procedures Manual of the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incident.
Job Post Contact