Closes: Monday, August 28, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Web Technologies, Digital Media, Graphic Design or related field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Ability to use technical, creative, implementation and development skills in their duties and responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel database, spreadsheet and presentation programs
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
This position is located on the Central Campus.
The goal of Professional Development & eLearning (PD/eL) is to be the bridge between training and development needs and outstanding performance in service to the College. The Technical Support Specialist will be an integral part to ensuring the design of processes for documenting and tracking measures related to educational program quality, demonstrated student learning, and the support of Professional Development’s multi-media needs.
This position will support professional staff in Professional Development in the development and maintenance of SharePoint databases, website design, and the College’s employee learning management system. This position may also provide media and instructional development in the support of online professional development programming for employees.
This position is essential for documenting and tracking of accountability measures related to educational program quality, demonstrated student learning, and support of institutional initiatives. This position will develop and maintain databases that populate curriculum maps (program and student) and develop and maintain websites supporting educational program review, general education and CRITICAL CORE learning resources, and the Professional Development & eLearning website. The position also provides learning system administration in the support, development, and implementation of online professional development programming for employees.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the College’s employee leaning management system, including back-end management, HTML, CSS-editing, and database updates.
- Supports the development of quality online course and instructional materials for employee online learning.
- Assists with maintaining quality control and continuous improvement of employee online learning courses to best support employee engagement and learning.
- Interacts with professional staff in Professional Development & eLearning to build course content in the development of instructional and marketing materials.
- Keeps up-to-date with new software products that will enhance online and hybrid instruction.
- Maintains databases and systems for educational programming including curriculum maps, healthy program reporting, CRITICAL CORE competencies, and the College’s employee learning management system.
- Provides support and maintenance for the Professional Development website including adding, revising, and/or deleting existing pages.
- Supports the integration of technical systems that support assessment of student learning outcomes and the program review/health programs process.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact