Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Educational & Certification Requirements:
* High school diploma or GED required in addition to 5 years’ experience in an apprenticeship or helper capacity, or completion of a college accredited building technology program with 2 years’ experience.
* Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
* Demonstrated knowledge of safety procedures coupled with an exemplary attitude in the application of such procedures in order to assure the safety of all faculty, staff, students, and visitors, at all college locations.
* Demonstrated fundamental understanding and application of building codes and OSHA standard practices.
* Fundamental skills for the operation of a personal computer.
* Skilled in the use of power and hand tools including the care thereof.
* Ability to complete in a timely manner all tasks assigned both written and orally while concurrently providing other employees and students with a level of customer service which reflects a positive image of the Building Maintenance Department.
* Ability to climb, stoop and bend for extended periods.
* Ability to work in close quarters and at heights for extended periods.
See above minimum.
The Maintenance Technician I provides skilled maintenance support services which contribute to the continuously improving operational efficiencies of the College facilities located on multiple campus sites and consisting of more than 1 million square feet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact