200 W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
Closes: Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Graduation from high school and one year in the field of technology related to the position's role; Computer coursework may be substituted year-for-year for the required experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Desktop Support Specialist will be a member of the Systems and Network team and will be the first line of support for all agency employees. This position will provide customer support for end user desktops, mobile devices, applications, print services, and remote access services. Manages, maintains, and deploys new technology via remote applications (SCCM) and physical means. Performs routine installation and troubleshooting of windows Operating Systems and supporting hardware and AV equipment. Performs regular inventory audits of IT hardware and software.
Primary skills and competencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of deploying and maintaining Windows 7 and 10 desktop environments.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge supporting and training Office 365 users.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting desktop and mobile devices connections from switch to endpoint.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting third party desktop applications.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of current AV solutions, security tools, and procedures alleviates network security threats.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Windows OS image creation, testing, and deployment.
- Working Knowledge of PowerShell and other scripting tools used for deploying desktop applications.
- Ability to effectively manage and complete projects within specified time constraints.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to maintain good working relationship with staff and management.
- Knowledge of PCI compliance and requirements.
- Ability to manage timelines, resources and personnel (internal staff and contractors), and lead implementation efforts to completion.
- Ability to Provide one-on-one or group training as required to assist customers in fully utilizing systems supported by Desktop Support.
- Ability to identify emerging trends and issues and make suggestions for technical modifications.
- Ability to maintain IT contracts and communicate effectively with vendors.
- Ability to assess policies and remediation analysis
How to Apply
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at http://oshr.nc.gov/work-for-nc/, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
Apri Tibbs, Personnel Technician II
North Carolina Community College System Office
Human Resources/Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-5003