- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, February 23, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
This position requires strong interpersonal skills in communication with students to include recruiting and advising, as well as participation with colleagues, staff, administrators, and community partners as individuals or as a part of a team. Participation in college functions, committee assignments and other tasks as assigned by the department head is also required. Work hours may include day, evening, and weekend hours.
- Minimum of Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in a Biotechnology-related field.
- Teaching experience in higher education, preferably in a community college environment.
- Demonstrated experience with current analytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated excellence and student engagement in lecture and laboratory teaching at the community college level is preferred.
- Research and/or industry experience in Biotechnology or a related scientific or FDA regulated environment.
Alamance Community College is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Instructor who will be an instrumental team player in teaching, engaging students and providing excellence in pedagogical delivery.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Instructs a variety of courses in the Biotechnology and Natural Sciences department.
- Develops course material and provides training specifically to meet the Biotech industry needs within Alamance County and region.
- Tutors Biotechnology program students as needed.
- Handles a variety of student issues including, make-up tests, retests, attendance and tardy issues, etc.
- Prepares engaging lectures, lab activities and instructor demonstrations.
- Actively promote the Biotechnology program and the Center of Excellence.
- Maintains personal certifications and stays abreast of professional advancement.
How to Apply
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:All candidates selected for an interview will present a fifteen minute lesson on a topic chosen by the department head for Biotechnology
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: