Closes: Sunday, October 29, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree in education, social work, or related field (Masters' degree preferred)
This position requires a minimum of three years of experience working with low income/first generation adults that included advising or counseling students toward entering an institution of postsecondary education or re-entering and educational program.
Student recruitment experiences a plus.
Experience working with individuals from a diverse background; knowledge of collegiate, academic and financial aid procedures; preference to individuals who have succeeded in overcoming disadvantaged circumstances like those of the EOC Participants.
Master's Degree preferred
The EOC Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the develop and implementation of outreach marketing materials and the promotion of EOC programs and services in diverse communities; developing partnerships with not-for-profit, public and private sector entities; and planning, assessing, recruiting, monitoring and managing student enrollment and placement activities. Reports to the Program Director. Travel is required.
- Conducts applicant intake interviews; helps prepare needs assessment, development of Individualized Support Plans.
- Provides personal, academic and financial counseling to project participants on an individual and group basis.
- Assists with the implementation of personal development and careers-exposure/awareness seminars; including identification of speakers of special events.
- Manage the monthly employee schedule for EOC Outreach Specialists.
- Must be committed to work evening and weekend hours as needed.