Haywood Community College Main Campus, Clyde, NC
Closes: Thursday, June 22, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree in related field and five years experience in educational leadership.
Doctoral degree in related field. Required skills: computer skills, problem solving skills and communication skills.
The Vice President of Student Services is responsible for the leadership and management of all functions associated with: Student Services, Student Discipline, Enrollment Management, Financial Aid, Education and Career Development Services (including counseling, SGA, disability services, student activities, placement testing, work based learning, academic and career counseling), Instructional Technology Services (IT), Distance Learning, Learning Resource Center (library) and switchboard. Serves as a member of the President’s Executive Council.
Leadership and Administration:
- Direct, supervise and contribute to the hiring, development and evaluation of employees within the division of Student Services, ITS, Library, Distance Learning and Work-Based Learning.
- Participate in the creation of institutional policies and procedures and ensure that the implementation and administration of policies and procedures are consistent with the requirements of the State of North Carolina, North Carolina Community College System, Federal Government, Haywood County and other governing entities.
- Provide direct and indirect support to the HCC Board of Trustees.
- Lead strategic and budget planning for all areas of the Division.
- Contribute to college-wide planning and decision-making; work in a collaborative manner with President’s Executive Council to formulate the work of the college.
- Foster collaboration across the college and externally by exhibiting open communication, collaborative work style, and goal attainment on behalf of students, staff, faculty and community.
- Lead by example by exhibiting professionalism and competence with high ethical standards
- Community Outreach - Represent the College at appropriate meetings, activities, conferences and other outreach efforts.Participate in regional, statewide and local initiatives that support student success and college-wide efforts. Identify external partnerships and link those partnerships to HCC programs and services.
Identify opportunities for student engagement and work-based learning opportunities with local business.
- Responsible for the oversight of multiple budgets within the Division.
- Responsible for training appropriate personnel on managing budgets and oversight.
- Work in conjunction with the President’s Executive Council to develop the institutional budget and prioritize the use of funds
- < >nsure educational and financial reports and records are completed and submitted appropriately and in a timely manner.
Discipline & Student Code of Conduct
- Recruitment Activities
- < >
Counseling & Disability Services
- Student Government Association & Student Activities
- Financial Aid
- Career & Academic Counseling
- Placement Testing
- Lead Program Audit
- Academic Alert Support
Serve as the Title IX Coordinator for Students
Work closely with Academic and Workforce Development in providing necessary student support.
Instructional Technology Services
- Provide comprehensive technology support services for students, staff and faculty.
- Supervise the Executive Director of Research and Institutional Support Services (75%).
- Ensure that the college maintains information technology experts including a web master, systems analyst, network administrators, and computer technicians.
- Ensure that the information technology operating systems, software, equipment, and technical support services enhance student learning, administrative functions, and student development services for students, staff, and faculty.
- Ensure that the college web-site is developed in collaboration with the Marketing and Public Information Director and that it encourages user access to and use of college information, services, and instruction.
- Involve faculty, students, and staff in defining technology standards of operation and excellence.
- Provide consistent, secure operations.
- Maintain the vitality of the college Technology Plan and the college Business Continuity Plan where ITS aspects are concerned.
Ensure that the college is in compliance with technology guidelines set forth by the North Carolina Community College System, Federal Government, SACS COC and other governing agencies.
- Supervise the Coordinator of Work-Based Learning.
- Ensure that students have access to opportunities to get work experience while enrolled at the college
- Provide WBL support to all academic programs across all disciplines
- Provide outreach and relationship building services to business and industry to promote WBL opportunities for students.
- Develop and maintain relationships with business and industry to provide internships, cooperative learning and apprenticeship opportunities for students.
Assist with job placement of students as an extension to work-based learning activities and assist students with connecting with business and industry.
Learning Resource Center (Library) & Distance Learning
- Ensure that Library and Distance Learning services enhance student learning, administrative functions, and student development services for students, staff, and faculty.
- Assist faculty and staff with the selection and implementation of interventions to address student’s barriers to learning.
- Create and maintain learning delivery systems such as web-based, video-conferencing, and teleconferencing; establish standards of operation and excellence
Assist faculty in development of distance learning courses and programs; qualify distance learning courses and faculty.
Provide library resources and technologies appropriate for different student populations and college programs.
Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate and/or necessary by the President of Haywood Community College.
- Some travel required.
How to Apply
To Apply Submit:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of offer of employment.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.