Closes: Monday, October 23, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s degree in College Student Personnel, Student Development, Higher Education Administration, Educational Leadership, Counseling, Public Administration, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited College or university. (Doctorate in one of the fields listed is preferred)
•Five years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of student services, student success, enrollment management, or other related areas.
• Two years of supervisory experience in post-secondary institutional administration.
• Vision for developing, enhancing, and expanding student programs.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience planning and directing programs.
• A record of accomplishment of achieving goals, experience with quality assessment and implementation of standards.
• Currency in the field and an understanding of trends and issues facing today’s community college students.
• Appropriate experience in facilitation and conflict resolution to lead student and employee groups in discussion and timely decision-making.
• Experience in policy and procedure processes, including development, feedback collection, implementation, and communication.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Experience developing, organizing, and administering budgets.
• Experienced technology user including enterprise level and desktop tools deployed to improve student services.
• Experience with best practice approaches to strategic enrollment management including the recruitment and retention of diverse populations, online, and non-traditional and underrepresented students.
• Experience coaching, motivating, empowering and building effective teams.
• Experience in Student Services in the NC Community College System preferred.
• Experience in a student services leadership position in an institution of higher learning preferred.
The Vice President of Student Services and Enrollment Management (VPSSEM) at Cape Fear Community College (CFCC) reports directly to the President and provides leadership, management and administrative oversight for Student Services and Enrollment Management. Primary responsibilities include management, supervision, policy development, setting strategic priorities and direction in enhancing student development, student leadership, student services, enrollment management, recruitment, retention, and student success, aligned with strategic initiatives at CFCC, which is the sixth largest community college in the state and is a major economic development partner in southeastern North Carolina.
The VPSSEM is CFCC’s chief student services and enrollment management officer and is responsible for the day-to-day operations and for exercising supervisory authority over Admissions & Recruitment, Financial Aid, Records and Registration, Counseling and Advising Services, Career Planning and Placement, Disability Services, Student Judicial Conduct, Student Support Services, Athletics, Student Activities and Intramural Sports. The Vice President must be student-centered, focused on high quality customer service, operational efficiency, and championing a student development model that addresses the social, cultural, emotional and psychological needs of all students.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives administrative direction from the President.
Exercises direct supervision over Admissions & Recruitment, Retention Services, Financial Aid, Records and Registration, Counseling and Advising Services, Career Planning and Placement, Disability Services, Student Judicial Conduct, Student Support Services, Athletics, Student Activities and Intramural Sports.