Central Piedmont Community College (WTVI-PBS Charlotte Campus)
Closes: Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Electronics Engineering, Broadcasting, or related field and four years’ experience in broadcast equipment, system design, repair and installation Or Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Electronics, Broadcasting or related field and six years’ experience in broadcast equipment, system design, repair and installation.
Society of Broadcast Engineers certification
Establishes and maintains maintenance procedures and periodic checks to ensure high quality
performance of electronic equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Inspect, test and repair all television broadcast equipment.
2. Performs routine maintenance and repair on TV studio and editing system equipment. Ensure critical updates are performed on studio and broadcast equipment. Complete FCC required weekly documentation on Tower light checks and EAS messages received and transmitted. Work with Joint Master Control in Syracuse, NY to perform maintenance of onsite Spoke equipment.
3. Installs, maintains, repairs and operates WTVI’s Broadcast communications equipment.
4. Work with RF Consulting Engineer on the FCC Mandated repack.
5. Have knowledge of camera shading, production workflow, master control operation.
6. Understand Audio and Video patch panel and routing systems.
7. Work with editing staff on the transfer of media needed for productions and transfers to JMCO for broadcast.
8. Have knowledge of audio signal flow for live audio console.
9. Have knowledge of video signal flow, tally, and IP connections for studio production switch.
10. Take remote transmitter reading and tower light checks daily.
11. Work with WTVI Traffic department to ensure all locally produced material required for broadcast has been delivered to JMCO.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of principles and practices of broadcast engineering including government rules and regulations
Knowledge of principles of digital and analog communications systems
Knowledge of usage, design, repair, maintenance, and installation of technical broadcast systems
Skilled in supervising the work of others
Effective communication skills
Extreme attention to detail, ability to report for duty at odd hours as needed
How to Apply
Job Post Contact