Closes: Monday, November 13, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in education/training, or medical technology discipline
- Two years of experience with medical simulation systems, equipment, and/or virtual technology
- Certified ACLS and BLS instructor (If not certified, be willing to obtain within a year of hire)
- Two Years of clinical experience
- Two Years of educational/training experience
- Certified PALS instructor
- Current RN license in the state of North Carolina
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
To assume responsibility and accountability for the coordination and education of virtual simulation experiences offered through Stanly Community College. The individual in this position will be responsible for the effective day-to-day operation of virtual technology, meeting program and student needs, and coordinating with virtual ICU staff to ensure continuing education opportunities are available for virtual critical (VCC) nurses. This is a staff position that reports the AVP of Health Sciences and Public Services.
- Collaborate with virtual ICU to plan and schedule SCC health science student experiences
- Establish plan for virtual staff nurses to earn continuing education hours by assisting with student simulation experiences
- Coordinate ACLS and BLS courses for Virtual ICU staff members
- Coordinate the day-to-day Virtual Sim Hospital activities and services to ensure availability of equipment and materials for student, instructor and virtual ICU staff use.
- Provide a basic orientation to simulators, virtual equipment, and the simulated learning environment for faculty and virtual ICU staff.
- Communicate in a positive, professional manner with Virtual ICU staff, faculty instructors, students and other users of the Simulation Center.
- Responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of all simulation equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge on the use and operation of all simulation and virtual technology equipment by participating in technical training as necessary; attend off-site training to stay current with simulation technology.
- Identifies resources necessary for the successful operation of clinical simulation hospital.
- Participates and represents Stanly Community College at simulation related group meetings at the local, state and national levels
· Order repairs and maintenance as necessary to keep all resources functional.
· Maintain operational manuals with policies and procedures.
- Promote safe lab practices by ensuring that the Sim Hospital is neat, well organized, and free of unnecessary clutter and that adequate space is available for Sim Hospital use.
- Developing, implementing and updating virtual simulation lab policies, procedures and use.
- Assure simulation equipment is in good working condition prior to the start of all simulations; troubleshoot all simulation equipment.
- Maintaining operational virtual equipment and recommending replacements as needed.
- Works with vendors to resolve problems with products and/or services, manages vendor selection, implements new technology and provides technical support and advice.
How to Apply
Please complete online application at www.stanly.edu/college-information/employment-opportunities.
NOTE: Only candidates that submit all the required documents will be considered. The required documents are resume, cover letter, and transcripts from every college from which a degree has been obtained. Documents should be uploaded during the application process.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001