Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. One year of experience working in a career center or providing career development services;
3. One year of experience working with unemployed and underemployed individuals;
4. Demonstrated ability to be highly detail oriented in order to successfully meet program requirements.
5. Knowledge of Workforce Continuing Education programs.
1. Experience working in at an NCWorks Career Center or in the North Carolina Community College System;
2. Career Development Facilitator (CDF) Certification;
3. Experience administering a WIOA program;
4. Knowledge of workforce development courses and programs in the A-B Tech service area;
5. Demonstrated understanding of WIOA programs and services;
6. Contract budget experience;
7. Experience using NC Works in career development services
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for providing case management activities related to the WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act) program as outlined in the current program design. Also responsible for screening students and administering other funding sources, as they are available for continuing education courses.
1. Plans and implements the WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker programs within the Workforce Continuing Education department of A-B Tech.
2. Provides career coaching and assessment to help students establish career goals aligned with the skill needs of area business and industry.
3. Engages in employer focus groups, meetings, labor market research, and job/career fairs as needed.
4. Supports marketing, recruiting, class visitation, and outreach efforts for the Workforce Continuing Education department.
5. Serves as a liaison to numerous community partners, workforce agencies, community centers, and other educational institutions to enhance the educational and career goals of students.
6. Provides short-term employability skills training as needed to support to students in the program.
7. Performs other tasks as assigned.