Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, August 28, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate Degree;
2. Three years of office environment experience, to include customer service;
3. Two years of database maintenance experience;
4. Experience in creating promotional material and marketing programs or services to target audiences.
1. Knowledge of Buncombe and Madison counties;
2. Experience working at a community college;
3. Demonstrated experience working with students;
4. Work experience with Colleague;
5. Bachelor’s Degree
Job Description Summary
Serves as support for Workforce Continuing Education Department, which includes the Director, Allied Health Coordinator, Business & Hospitality Coordinator, Computer & Online Training Coordinator, Human Resources Development Coordinator, Occupational & Skilled Trades Coordinator, Data Management Specialist, WIOA Case Manager, Education Navigator, and Job Club Advisor.
1. Provides on and off-site customer service, marketing, promotional, data management, and follow-up support for the department;
2. Provides back-up staff support for the Director, Administrative Assistants, and Data Management Specialist
3. Creates, distributes, maintains, and updates program and marketing materials and enrollment/tracking data for each of the program units
4. Provides faculty and student support, as needed
5. Completes a variety of administrative tasks in an accurate and efficient manner
6. Serves as the department liaison for special projects, as needed
Provides marketing/promotional support for the department that aligns with A-B Tech Community Relations and Marketing.
7. Serves as back-up support for Administrative Assistants.
8. Other job-related tasks as assigned