A/C Heating and Refrigeration Technology Instructor (9-Month Position)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, May 11, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to teach courses associated with Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology curriculum. Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision and willingness to accept day and/or evening teaching assignments and teaching assignments at other locations as needed by the institution.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate degree in A/C, Heating and Refrigeration Technology, or related field required. Minimum of two years residential and/or commercial A/C, Heating and Refrigeration work experience required. EPA Refrigerant Recovery certification required. Ability to teach all courses in A/C Heating and Refrigeration Technology curriculums required. Teaching assignments may include day, evening and online/hybrid instruction.
NC HVAC Contracting License preferred. NC H2 or H3 license preferred. Teaching experience preferred.
General Description: An Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer and in cooperation with the Program Coordinator, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned curriculum area.
Duties and responsibilities of an instructor:
- Teaches students effectively to meet student learning outcomes.
- Holds class sessions as scheduled to meet student learning outcomes.
- Maintains office hours for student access as required by college policy.
- Makes course syllabi and Instructor Course Requirements available to students no later than the first class session or the first date of the course session for Distance Learning courses. Rubrics used to evaluate specific assignments should also be made available to students.
- Provides clearly organized and understandable instruction.
- Provides adequate and timely feedback and evaluation of assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude in interactions with students and shows a genuine concern for student learning.
- Fulfills obligations in student recruiting, advising, orientation, and registration.
- Assists in the continual evaluation and enhancement of curricula through the planning process and program/departmental meetings.
- Provides the VP for Instruction or his/her designee with updated Instructor Course Requirements that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Submits accurate and complete records and reports in a timely manner in order to provide assessment data for institutional improvement.
- Attends and participates in faculty, advisory, and assigned committee meetings designated to improve curriculum programs.
- Participates in professional development, including back-to-industry, conference, and workshop activities that lead to professional and institutional advancement.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Director
Richmond Community College
P O Box 1189
Hamlet NC 28379
P (910) 410-1804
F (910) 582-7028