AC, Heating & Refrigeration Technology Instructional Staff
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 15, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in Air Conditioning, Heating or Refrigeration Technology or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years’ teaching or industry experience.
- NC State Board of Refrigeration Contractors EPA certification(s).
- NCCER and NATE Certifications.
- NC State Board Licensure(s).
- Two years’ experience teaching one or more of the following areas: the operation of an HVAC unit, the refrigeration cycle, the function of a heat pump, duct design and air flow, EPA certification, and other topics.
- Experience facilitating online instruction.
Since producing learning is the primary function of the college, it is the principal responsibility of each instructional staff member to effectively and efficiently stimulate learning in every course. In addition, each instructional staff member should provide guidance to students through their role as an academic advisor and in more informal ways. Each instructional staff member is expected to participate in the governance of the college through committees and divisional meetings, through shared leadership within and across divisions, through personal recommendations to college administrators.
Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to provide instruction to curriculum, continuing education, workforce training or other students which may be scheduled as day, evening, weekend or online options.
- Ability to use technology (i.e. Internet) to deliver instruction.
- Desire to participate in professional development activities, including those related to the use of critical thinking skills in instructional design and in student development.
- Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
- Desire to participate in community service activities.
- Willingness to participate in public school and university articulation, advisement, and recruitment programs of the College.
- Ability to carry out institutional effectiveness activities and participate in the life of the college (e.g. serve on committees, do advisement, participate in activities).
- Ability to provide effective instruction in the following areas: the operation of an HVAC unit, the refrigeration cycle, the function of a heat pump, duct design and air flow, EPA certification, and other topics.
How to Apply
Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact