RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, September 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution. Have working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and ability to operate standard office equipment. Must be able to demonstrate qualities of professionalism, team building, excellent organizational skills and effective communication skills. At least 2 years of experience in student advising/coaching and developing programming for college preparation, and other activities designed to help retain underrepresented populations is desired. Knowledge of Datatel student information system and Aviso is also desired.
Same as minimum.
- Maintains the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Represents the College professionally and handle all matters in a confidential manner.
- Effectively manage the organization and implementation of workflow.
- Provide holistic advisement, registration, career counseling, and success coaching for student caseload.
- Work closely with faculty to support student success in the classroom.
- Use AVISO Alert System to communicate with students, faculty, and other campus departments.
- Collaborate with student services units to promote student resources and garner assistance.
- Assist with student activities to promote student success and leadership.
- Assist with the development and implementation of workshops for students regarding soft skills, life skills, self-care, and academic success.
- Effectively maintain electronic and hardcopy files.
- Interprets the mission, educational philosophy, and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources – Sally Carr – firstname.lastname@example.org
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359