Closes: Friday, June 16, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree from accredited institution.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work or meet in the evenings and/or on weekends, with advanced notice.
- Ability to provide leadership in anticipating and responding to change.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others.
- Ability to use productivity software, including a general knowledge of word processors and spreadsheets, the ability to send and receive email, and to complete and submit electronic forms.
- Employees are expected to perform essential computer skills (log on/off a computer, manage and organize files, print/scan forms using a copier, maintain and recall secure passwords and change password(s) routinely per College procedures).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer services with people internal and external to the institution.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Flexible and adapts to change.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple departments and activities of others.
See Required Qualification
Perform a variety of technical and administrative support tasks in support of the Office of Academic Affairs and provide superior service to current and prospective students and members of the College community.
Essential Duties Summary
- Upload and maintain compliance for Immunization and Background Tracking system.
- Prepare spreadsheets or data forms for clinical sites as needed for compliance records.
- Help prepare verification documents for Health Sciences programs for accrediting bodies.
- Receive and send written communications to students related to program and compliance verification.
- Attend Advisory meetings; department meetings and divisional meetings and prepare meeting minutes and other correspondence and documentation as needed.
- Assist as needed with each area regulatory or accrediting agencies for documentation or scanning.
- Maintain calendar of department activities, meetings, and events for Health Sciences programs.
- Maintain and update Health Sciences webpage/social media.
- Maintain faculty syllabi and door schedules for all divisions including maintaining and updating course syllabus and door templates; ensure faculty have followed required templates; and process correspondence to Department Chairs and Deans concerning missing information.
- Create and maintain OneDrive links each semester for faculty syllabi, door schedules and semester schedules.
- Maintain Academic Affairs E-procurement to include ensuring items requested are from e-procurement vendors, determine if they are on state contract, keep track of mandatory and convenience contracts, assign budget codes to orders, help the requestors find places to order and connect them with the company representatives, prepare orders for Academic Affairs and Health Sciences and process through approval flow, attend training and train part-time staff in e-procurement and other Academic Affairs office duties.
- Maintain Academic Affairs supplies, process yearly supply inventory and submit to the Business Office.
- Process request for payment for invoices, receipts, and Continuing Education (MIT) registration for approval.
- Assist with curriculum course check list every semester.
- Serve as backup to Curriculum Associate.
- Assist with work schedules and daily assignments for work study students.
- Process student drop/adds when classes are cancelled or added.
- Assist with scanning Academic Affairs documents for archival purposes.
- Provide guidance to new and returning students regarding registration and advising.
- Actively participate in Academic Affairs and Health Sciences planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of faculty events.
- Assist with commencement and pinning ceremonies.
- Assist with initial contact when assisting students, faculty, staff, and members of the community with general inquiries via telephone, email, and in person.
- Provide support to the Health Sciences area, faculty and staff with documents, correspondence, and other items as assigned.
- Participate in professional and staff development opportunities.
- Treat students and colleagues respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interaction that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Provide exceptional customer service including, but not limited to, courteous and responsive written and verbal communication to people internal and external to the institution.
Job Post Contact