Closes: Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree, AND
- Minimum three years of experience of tutoring, testing, or related field, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field.
- Experience with Aviso, WebAdvisor, and Colleague platforms.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English speaking)
"Learning First" is the primary institutional goal for Central Carolina Community College where all
faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process. The Academic Assistance Coordinator will manage and organize the Academic Assistance Center and its various functions (AAC open lab, tutoring center, STEM tutoring center, Writing and Reading Center, test proctoring center) and supervise part-time staff members employed in these functions on the Harnett Main Campus, with a focus on promoting college success for all students, and particularly those identified as at- risk students. This position reports to the Harnett County Provost.
- Provide direct supervision of AAC staff at Harnett Main Campus
- Document and report site specific AAC activity to the Provost and to the Dean of Student Learning (including submissions for Compliance Assist reports)
- Collect and evaluate data regarding students' progress; provide feedback to supervisor, faculty and/or staff
- Actively market and publicize AAC activities to CCCC constituents
- Secure and maintain an inventory of instructional supplies and materials
- Collaboratively facilitate and supervise supplemental instruction on Harnett Main Campus
- Supervise Federal Work Study students and liaise with Financial Aid
- Administer onboarding of all AAC employees, including execution of hiring processes in compliance with relevant policies
- Maintain documentation related to employee performance
- Complete and verify time sheets for all AAC employees
- Schedule employees for coverage of the AAC, STEM lab, tutoring appointments, proctoring, and computer lab
- Use data informed practices to support CCCC Learning First Strategic Plan
- Maintain employee records in compliance with CCCC policies
- Identify resource needs and procure resources in collaboration with the Provost and Dean of Student Learning as appropriate.
- Serve on selection committees for other Student Learning positions as requested
- Maintain working relationships with internal and external partners
- Recruit, hire, onboard, supervise, evaluate, and direct the day-to-day activities of the tutors
- Manage and track tutoring appointments using the appropriate software
- Assess specific tutoring needs and place students requesting tutorial assistance
- Conduct and facilitate tutor orientation
- Facilitate Upswing tutoring services for online and evening students as needed
- Administer academic tutoring within the Coordinator's field of expertise and consistent with the Coordinator's academic credentials
- Coordinate and administer test proctoring (in compliance with ADA regulations as documented in student accommodation plans, as needed)
- Reserve testing spaces to accommodate scheduled proctoring
- Provide access to assistive technology in compliance with ADA regulation as documented in student accommodation plans
- Prioritize multiple requests for proctoring
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.