Closes: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Business, Office Administration, or related field.
- Three to Five years of office experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially with faculty and staff.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience using Datatel/Colleague preferred.
- Experience using MS Office applications to create documents including spreadsheets and reports.
- Experience using Adobe PDF writer.
Under the supervision of the Vice President for Academic Affairs & Workforce Development, the Academic Programs Coordinator manages projects and reports to enhance quality instruction, institutional effectiveness, and academic compliance. The Academic Programs Coordinator maintains all programs of study, prepares the curriculum course schedule, supports the Vice President, and acts as a liaison between the office of the Vice President and curriculum divisions.
- Maintain active programs of study in Colleague and work closely with the Director of Records and Registration to ensure all programs of study are approved by the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) Office.
- Enter diplomas and certificates from approved parent programs of study in Colleague.
- Maintain academic programs and course descriptions in the General College Catalog and Handbook.
- In conjunction with other college areas, prepare the annual General College Catalog and Handbook and work with the Marketing Department to publish it on the website and produce required printed copies. Serve as the administrator for SmartCatalog.
- Maintain content for the Faculty Manual.
- Maintain course file in Colleague to ensure all active courses match program approvals; download courses from NCCCS; add required course fees; etc.
- Maintain records of credentials to demonstrate that faculty are qualified to teach.
- Serve as Curriculum Committee recording secretary and work with program coordinators to develop curriculum proposals for program revisions, submit proposed changes to the state office for approval, etc.
- Inform all program areas of date submissions for semester curriculum schedules.
- Enter semester curriculum schedules in Colleague in timely manner to ensure completion by scheduled advising and registration periods.
- Maintain comprehensive schedule of all general classrooms and serve as administrator for Resource Scheduler.
- Upload all course and faculty information in Compliance Assist each semester.
- Serve as liaison with NCCCS Compliance Reviewer and collect all documentation under review for each compliance review.
- Submit new program applications and program terminations to NCCCS.
- Prepare and submit Collaborative Agreements to NCCCS.
- Prepare the Space Utilization Report for submission to NCCCS.
- Maintain Academic Affairs section on the WPCC Employee Intranet to include update of faculty manual, syllabus template, forms, etc.
- Verify part-time instructor pay rates, contracts, Affordable Care Act hours, etc.
- Prepare travel authorizations and reimbursements for the Vice President and approve requests in the absence of the Vice President.
- Prepare and submit divisional purchasing requisitions and budget documents.
- Organize annual adjunct faculty meeting and various advisory committee meetings.
- Develop the Academic Calendar in conjunction with the Vice President.
- Coordinate Senior Universities’ on-campus facility usage, scheduling, and billing and prepare Memorandums of Understanding.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.