Closes: Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution.
- Five years of experience providing learning support and/or instruction.
- Previous work experience in an educational setting.
- Experience developing and implementing instructional programming and supplemental instruction to promote skill acquisition.
- Experience hiring, training, and supervising employees, including conducting performance evaluations.
- Knowledge of pedagogy and tutorial/learning best-practices
- College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) tutor certification or the ability to attain it within one year of start date.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution.
- Greater than five years of experience providing learning support and/or instruction.
- Previous work experience at a community college or university.
- Experience with integrated student information systems (e.g., Datatel/Colleague, Starfish, Navigate, Banner, etc.).
- Proficiency in using Learning Management Systems (e.g., Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard).
- Proficiency in using software to track academic support services (e.g., TutorTrac, Navigate, Learner Web).
- Experience hiring, training, and supervising tutors in a post-secondary setting.
- Demonstrated communication and human relation skills and the ability to work with administrators, colleagues, support staff and traditional and non-traditional students.
- Ability to speak, write, and understand a language in addition to English
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of N.C. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional employee, who can advance our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team.
The Center for Academic Engagement’s Academic Tutor Coordinator, Career and Technical Education provides academic discipline-specific leadership and management for tutoring centers at all campus locations of Guilford Technical Community College. The coordinator hires, on-boards, supervises, and evaluates tutors, coordinates center operations, and designs supports for students in career and technical education fields. The Center for Academic Engagement’s Academic Tutor Coordinator, Career and Technical Education motivates and guides tutors, staff, and students in an inclusive, professional, and learner-centered environment. A creative and dynamic leader, this position collaborates and engages with internal and external stakeholders to initiate partnerships and enhance student success.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact