Main Campus, Graham, NC
Closes: Friday, November 5, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a relevant field and 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data.
Confidentiality: Maintains the confidentiality of donations, donors and fund balances.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; keeps technical skills up to date.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Personal Appearance - Dresses appropriately for position.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
- Experience with nonprofit accounting procedures
- Experience using Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting software
The Foundation Senior Finance Specialist is responsible for implementing and/or maintaining the ACC Foundation accounting system. The Senior Finance Specialist is responsible for day-to-day accounting, such as journal entries, processing invoices, account reconciliations and bank deposits. The position also keeps records of assets and liabilities, prepares financial reports for the Executive Director and assists with preparation of financial statements under FASB Accounting Standards. The position also provides
Example of Duties:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to organization procedures.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers within the database.
- Prepares invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Maintains the accounts payable process including reviewing requisitions and reimbursement requests; evaluating for and ensuring accuracy; confirming proper documentation, approval signatures, and budget availability. Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers. Inputs payment information into software and prepares checks for signature. Coordinates with the authorized signers. Insures timely process.
- Compiles cost and revenue reports and balance sheets. Assists in the development of the annual budget.
- Interfaces with business office on invoices and access to VSTIF account
- Reconciles monthly bank statements, credit card statements and investment statements.
- Calculates and posts monthly earnings and fees on endowed and restricted accounts.
- Maintains proper segregation of restricted vs non-restricted accounts. Maintains separate general ledger accounts for encumbered funds and their earnings.
- Tracks and reports uncashed checks. Complies with escheat rules of State of NC.
- Files for state sales tax refund.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets reports and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, and customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Runs reports on request of the Executive Director and supervisors and department heads throughout the college. Tracks revenue and expenditures related to grants and specific donor requests. Reconciles report discrepancies and problems. Answers questions.
- Helps maintain internal control policies.
- Interfaces directly with Board Members and staff members of the external auditor.
- Attends board and committee meetings. Takes minutes if necessary.
- Some travel within the county. Some work outside traditional hours.
- Prepares the annual required IRS Form 990 for review by Board of Directors prior to submission by established deadline.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!