200 W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
Closes: Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a degree in business administration, finance or public administration or a related discipline from an appropriately accredited institution with 18 semester hours of accounting coursework; and two years of accounting/auditing experience in the preparation of interpretive or analytical accounting/ financial statements and reports; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the Director and other accounting staff within the State Aid Unit, maintaining a comprehensive base of financial data, accounting procedures and policies and providing technical assistance to the 58 community colleges of North Carolina.
Duties include monitoring and complex analysis of NC Community College and Community Based Organization budgets and expenditures including budget availability, managing college and community-based organization (CBO) grant budgets and expenditures, award notifications and using resources to assist colleges and give guidance. This position serves as a lead to the State Aid unit staff with college general ledger troubleshooting and help desk ticket resolution, reconciling college state bank accounts, preparing financial reports, maintaining procedure documentation for State Aid processes, and assisting Director with training, monitoring of State Aid Unit and other special projects as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of governmental, grant and institutional funding accounting;
- Ability to compile, create, analyze, troubleshoot and reconcile complex general ledger data;
- Ability to develop, maintain and communicate complex accounting worksheets and reports to program administrators and management;
- Ability to analyze complex issues to provide solutions and serve as a technical resource to NC Community College System staff, the 58 community colleges and community-based organizations;
- Ability to interpret and apply Federal and State fiscal regulations to the NC Community Colleges and Community Based Organization general ledger activity;
- Ability to use communication to advise community college and community-based personnel.
- Knowledge of the NC Community College System;
- Knowledge of the community college chart of accounts structure;
- Knowledge of the community college budgets, grant management experience, cash management experience;
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word applications;
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
How to Apply
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
APRIL TIBBS, HR TECHNICIAN III
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222