Accountant, Senior ($8,000 Hiring Bonus)
Closes: Friday, March 24, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business/Finance, or related field with a concentration in Accounting.
- Minimum ten years of experience in a high-level finance or accounting position to include monthly and annual closings, audits, and supervision of specific departments within Business & Finance Division; i.e., accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, general expense, payroll, etc.
- Senior level accounting experience and expertise in finance budgeting, accounts receivable/billing, accounts payable, purchasing, payroll, and student accounts.
- Strong internal control and policy implementation experience.
- MBA and/or CPA designation preferred.
- Minimum five years in a high-level supervisory role preferred.
- Experience in fund accounting preferred.
- Higher education experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with IT on systems integration issues preferred.
The Senior Accountant position requires an individual with experience as a senior level accounting professional with strong consideration given to candidates with higher education experience and expertise. Position reports to the Director, Accounting & Reporting in providing oversight and hands-on engagement for all accounting and financial functions in a multi campus environment.
The person in this position provides support in the management of college financial planning and ensures college accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Responsibilities include controlling a significant sequence of Business Office activities. Help develop detailed college budgets and cash forecasts; review and monitor financial transactions; help establish and monitor internal controls over all business functions. Assist in recruiting, training, and mentoring employees in the Business & Finance Division. Individual must be capable of making independent decisions relevant to job assignments, including applying skills and knowledge to unusual circumstances with little direct supervision. Individual must exercise good judgment in identifying decisions to be referred for senior management approval.
How to Apply
For the complete job description and to apply on-line, go to https://gtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/7270
Job Post Contact