Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Business Administration, or related field.
• Two years of experience in accounting, accounts receivable and cashiering principles.
• Working Knowledge of Datatel/Colleague.
The Accounting Technician II position is responsible for maintenance of the accounts receivables ledger, reports, and other related tasks including reconciling accounts and investigating discrepancies, resolving technical questions, addressing customer issues and complaints. This individual will also be responsible for bookkeeping functions and cashiering duties as required by performing the following duties.
This position works with multiple departments throughout the College and reports directly to the Director of Accounts Receivable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Processes and documents transactions and trends related to accounts receivable; Reconciles general ledger and subledger accounts; Reconciles student accounts, researches discrepancies, and makes account adjustments; Oversees collection activities
• Receives, processes, and/or prepares a variety of receipts, invoices, statements, payments, transactions, and/or other related information; Maintains files and records; Prepares certifications and deposits as necessary
• Oversees scholarships including applying and returning funds as necessary; Processes vouchers and waivers; Audits accounts receivable staff daily sessions; Tracks and processes returned checks; Assists with AR monthly reconciliations and month-end closing/reporting; Creates AR codes as needed
• Responsible for maintaining student aged receivables; Oversees monthly/annual reporting processes including escheats and 1098-Ts
• Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers; Works well with other departments such as Student Services and/or Financial Aid to ensure that any student issues are resolved in a timely manner; Exercises attention to detail to minimize errors.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level and serves as backup for various AR related duties and responsibilities