- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
BS/BA with a CPA License OR 18 Graduate hours in Accounting.
Minimum of one year in Accounting industry.
- Principles and procedures of academic and institutional program development in relevant field
- Current trends, research, developments, and resources in relevant field
- Federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations as they relate to students and teaching
- Create effective instruction for delivery both online and in the classroom
- Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Work effectively in diverse teams, both within assigned department and cross-functionally across the college
- Interpret and apply college goals, policies, and procedures
- Maintain any relevant equipment and supplies related to instruction
All advertised positions are contingent upon funding.
All employees are paid by direct deposit.
See minimum qualifications
Provide effective instruction to students online and/or in the classroom by preparing for each learning experience, providing supplemental materials to enhance textbooks and lessons, using effective evaluation methods to evaluate student performance.
Support student learning outside of the classroom by holding regular office hours, providing information about additional resources outside of class, and responding to emails and phone calls in a timely manner so as to promote student success.
Support curriculum development by participating in the creation and evaluation of courses, curriculum, and programs, participating in program advisory committees, attending departmental meetings, and serving as backup for other faculty members.
Promote the success of the college by participating in standing and/or ad hoc committees and following college professional and ethical guidelines.
Maintain teaching and work environment (classroom, lab, shop) by maintaining equipment and supplies, ensuring overall cleanliness, functionality, and conformance to OSHA standards to provide a safe work environment.
Stay current in chosen field and teaching methodology by meeting or exceeding all institutional professional development guidelines, participating in professional development workshops and seminars, and participating in professional organizations and reading journals in the teaching and Accounting field.
Maintain accurate records such as attendance, grades, information for accreditation, and other important data and submit reports according to college policies.