Closes: Monday, June 17, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field from a regionally accredited institution. Must be able to perform a wide range of professional accounting duties requiring knowledge of GAAP and have three to five years’ experience in accounting with supervisory duties. A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Performs a wide range of professional accounting duties requiring knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; supervises and serves as a resource to assigned departmental staff; provides assistance to the Associate Vice President with all State, Local, Institutional and Foundation transactions, reporting and compliance; budget placements, transfers and balancing.
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the General Ledger system – responsible for the integrity of the GL data and for monitoring all systems that flow data into the GL.
- Prepare annual financial reports for college departments; prepare statistical financial reports; enter updated information into the database and maintain accurate financial records; prepare financial reports from data files.
- Supervise the preparation of quarterly reports including federal and state tax returns.
- Receive and enter monthly journal entries from various departments; set up new accounts on computer database.
- Supervise the balancing of all state, county, and special funds including all reports to NCCCS and the reconciliation of special and county investments.
- Responsible for the oversight of financial information and reports related to construction projects.
- Oversee the request of monies from the federal government for all federal projects; request state certification for current and capital expenses; set up funds for various special projects and grants.
- Supervise the compilation and preparation of data for accounts receivable billings to outside agencies; ensure accuracy of data for billing purposes.
- Coordinate and schedule activities for the fiscal year; assists in setting goals and priorities; enforces rules and policies.
- Prepare and/or review all internal and external financial reports.
- Verify compliance with federal, state, and local agency fiscal requirements.
- Supervise assigned departmental staff; establish schedules and assign tasks; monitor and evaluate staff performance.
- Serve as informational resource to staff; provide technical assistance; determine and implement training programs.
- Research and resolve problems within the accounting system.
- Oversee monthly and year-end balancing, reconciling, and closing for state, county, and institutional funds.
- Responsible for the set-up and monitoring of budgets for all funds.
- Provide support in balancing cash drawer, making deposits, and in accounts payable, receivable, and payroll.
- Complete reports as required and requested by the NCCCS, the NC State Auditor, the NC State Controller, and other government agencies.
- Serve as administrator of NCC’s core banking system.
- Manage E-Commerce process as part of Web Advisor.
- Assist with Eagle Program of Internal Controls.
- Work with all College departments to provide assistance and reports as needed.
- Assist Business Office employees with accounting and system problems.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain content knowledge and skills through continuous training.
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**