Closes: Friday, April 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
G.E.D. or high school diploma and three (3) years of relevant accounting work experience,
combination of accounting work experience and education beyond high school in accounting totaling three (3) years (full-time equivalent)
Three (3) years of work experience in Business and Accounting
Performs a variety of technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining and reviewing financial reports and records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Operated Cashiering Counter daily.
2. Processes and maintains daily deposit for Cato Campus.
3. Complies and reconciles deposits for all campus locations.
4. Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or discrepancies.
5. Process cash receipts and bank transfers from various areas within the college
6. Prepares various journal entries and check requests.
7. May provide information and responds to student inquiries.
8. Review student accounts, various financial forms, and records; research and resolve discrepancies.
9. Process student refunds utilizing Entrinsik Informer Software.
10. Transmit Certifications to North Carolina Community College System Office regarding State Deposits.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge of standard business practices pertaining to the area of Budget, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information with personnel at all levels
* Ability to maintain, review and analyze financial reports and statements
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on the completion of assignments.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact