Closes: Sunday, February 16, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
G.E.D. or high school diploma and three years of relevant accounting work experience; or a combination of accounting work experience and education beyond high school totaling three years
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or a related field
The Accounting Specialist position will be located on the Central Campus.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of technical tasks related to preparing, maintaining, and reviewing financial reports and records. Also to include analyzing student accounts, general cashiering functions, and processing daily walk-in deposits.
Performs a variety of technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining, and reviewing financial reports and records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Processes various forms and other financial information and materials; enters financial information.
2. Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or discrepancies.
3. Gathers and summarizes data; conducts research and analyzes information; prepares financial reports.
4. May prepare various journal entries; may make recommendations regarding journal entries.
5. May enter budget revision requests and other financial information into computer system; may review computer printouts for accuracy.
6. May monitor activity in assigned accounts; may audit specified accounts for accuracy; may create accounts.
7. May provide information and respond to inquiries; may advise departments on policies and procedures relating to budget and other financial questions.
8. May review various financial forms and records; may research and resolve discrepancies.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Knowledge of office rules, procedures and operationsregarding budgets, purchasing, accounts payable, etc.
- Good oral and written communications skills emphasizing financial information
- Knowledge of computer and accounting software
- Ability to maintain, review and audit financial records
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact