Central Piedmont Cato Campus
Closes: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or a related field
Accounting Specialist position available in the Business Office Cato Campus.
Anticipated hiring date: September 15, 2021
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours per week: 40 hours
Performs a variety of technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining, and reviewing financial reports and records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Processes various forms and other financial information and materials; enters financial information.
2. Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or discrepancies.
3. Gathers and summarizes data; conducts research and analyzes information; prepares financial reports.
4. May prepare various journal entries; may make recommendations regarding journal entries.
5. May enter budget revision requests and other financial information into computer system; may review computer printouts for accuracy.
6. May monitor activity in assigned accounts; may audit specified accounts for accuracy; may create accounts.
7. May provide information and respond to inquiries; may advise departments on policies and procedures relating to budget and other financial questions.
8. May review various financial forms and records; may research and resolve discrepancies.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge of office rules, procedures and operations regarding budgets, purchasing, accounts payable, etc.
* Good oral and written communications skills emphasizing financial information
* Knowledge of computer and accounting software
* Ability to maintain, review and audit financial records
* Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact