Closes: Thursday, February 20, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
G.E.D or high school diploma and three years of relevant accounting work experience; or a combination of accounting work experience and education beyond high school in accounting totaling three years (full-time equivalent)
3 years of work experience in Business and Accounting
Accounting Specialist I position is located on the Cato Campus.
Overview of Department
The Business Office interacts with students and other college departments to process Tuition and Fees payments and Departmental Deposits.
Duties performed on a daily basis
- Identify student accounts that have credit balances and process a refund based on the credit amount
- Notify the NC System Office of Deposits processed to state account
- Transmit state certifications on all state deposits from Central Piedmont Community College
Performs a variety of technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining and reviewing financial reports and records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates Cashiering Counter daily.
- Processes and maintains daily deposit for Cato Campus
- Complies and reconciles deposits for all campus locations.
- Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or discrepancies.
- Process cash receipts and bank transfers from various areas within the college
- Prepares various journal entries and check requests.
- May provide information and responds to student inquiries;
- Review student accounts, various financial forms, and records; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Process student refunds utilizing Entrinsik Informer Software
- Transmit Certifications to North Carolina Community College System Office regarding State Deposits
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Knowledge of standard business practices pertaining to the areas of Budget, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information with personnel at all levels
· Ability to maintain, review and analyze financial reports and statements
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on the completion of assignments
How to Apply
Job Post Contact