Closes: Saturday, November 16, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree and 3 years of work experience in financial analysis, accounting and reporting
Public Sector Accounting Experience
3 years of work experience in Business and Accounting
The Accounting Specialist II position is located on the Cato Campus.
With general direction, performs a variety of moderately complex, technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining and reviewing financial reports and records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates Cashiering Counter daily.
- Processes and maintains daily deposit and web as assigned.
- Compiles and reconciles deposits for all campus locations.
- Monitors activity in assigned accounts; audits specified accounts for accuracy; creates accounts as requested.
- Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or discrepancies.
- Gathers and summarizes data; conducts research and analyzes data.
- Prepares various journal entries; makes recommendations regarding journal entries.
- Ensures that A/R matches Subsidiary accounts in General Ledger.
- Reviews financial forms and records; researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Processes various forms and other financial information and materials; enters financial information.
- May assist with budget for Cato Campus Business Office.
- May provide information and respond to student inquiries; may advise departments on policies and procedures relating to their budgets and other financial information.
- May review student accounts, various financial forms and records; may research and resolve discrepancies.
- Reviews and transmits Federal Financial Aid awards to students accounts and process Financial Aid refunds.
- Reconciles Due to and Due from Accounts after Financial Aid awards are processed.
- Processes cash receipts and bank transfers from various areas within the college.
- Communicates with the North Carolina Community College System Office regarding State Deposits and Certifications notifications to resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles Bankcard Account.
- Process and Reconcile Refund of Payroll
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Knowledge of standard business practices pertaining to the areas of Budget, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information with personnel at all levels
· Ability to maintain, review and analyze financial reports and statements
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on the completion of assignments
How to Apply
Job Post Contact