Closes: Monday, August 28, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or a closely related field and 3 years work experience in financial analysis, accounting and reporting;
* Public sector accounting experience
Full-time Accounting Specialist position available in the Budget Department serving Central Campus.
The Budget Department is within the Financial Services Division. The department manages the College's Operating Budget Plan to confirm with the requirement of the North Carolina Community College System and other State and Federal regulations.
With general direction, performs a variety of moderately complex, technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining and reviewing financial reports and records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors activity in assigned accounts; audits specified accounts for accuracy
2. Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or
3. Gathers and summarizes data; conducts research and analyzes data.
4. Prepares various journal entries; makes recommendations regarding journal entries.
5. Reviews financial forms and records; researches and resolves discrepancies.
6. Processes various forms and other financial information and materials; enters financial information.
7. Provides information and responds to inquiries; advises departments on policies and procedures relating to their budgets and other financial information.
8. Works with Payroll staff to respond to inquiries.
9. Assists with training initiatives.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact