Closes: Monday, November 12, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or a closely related field and 3 years work experience in financial analysis, accounting and reporting
Public sector accounting experience
Accounting Specialist II position will be located on the Central Campus.
With general direction, performs a variety of moderately complex, technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining and reviewing financial reports and records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors activity in assigned accounts; audits specified accounts for accuracy
- Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or discrepancies.
- Gathers and summarizes data; conducts research and analyzes data.
- Prepares various journal entries; makes recommendations regarding journal entries.
- Reviews financial forms and records; researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Processes various forms and other financial information and materials; enters financial information.
- Provides information and responds to inquiries; advises departments on policies and procedures relating to their budgets and other financial information.
- Works with Payroll staff to respond to inquiries.
- Assists with training initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Knowledge of standard business practices pertaining to the areas of Budget, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll
· Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skill Level
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information with personnel at all levels
· Ability to maintain, review and analyze financial reports and statements
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on the completion of assignments
How to Apply
Job Post Contact