Closes: Thursday, September 12, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree and 3 years of work experience in financial analysis, accounting and reporting
Associate Degree in Accounting
Experienced in public sector accounting
GENERAL FUNCTION AND JOB DUTIES
Accounting Specialist II position will be located on the Harris Campus.
With general direction, performs a variety of moderately complex, technical accounting tasks related to preparing, maintaining and reviewing financial reports and records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reconciles all CCE Accounts Receivable. Ensures that A/R matches General Ledger. Runs processes to reconcile if necessary. Produces aging report for account managers; prepares financial reports; follow-up on past due accounts.
2. Prepares and processes overhead for all self-supporting CCE accounts and produces reports for account managers. Requires attention to details in calculating overheard, making sure to exclude costs of goods sold in some accounts.
3. Prepares and processes Revenue Expense Reports for all self-supporting accounts showing detailed revenue expense budget, transfers in and out, actual revenue and expense, projected revenue and current fund balance for account managers.
4. Assists with School Dude Maintenance requests.
5. Assists with giving access to new users with PayPal and resetting passwords for existing users.
6. Works closely with Aspire Bistro and Cosmetology departments on daily deposits, processes the Bistro’s tax payments.
7. Processes various forms and other financial information and materials; enters financial information.
8. Balances and reconciles assigned accounts and/or funds; researches and reconciles any problems or discrepancies.
9. Gathers and summarizes data; conducts research and analyzes information; prepares financial reports.
10. May prepare various journal entries; may make recommendations regarding journal entries.
11. May enter budget revision requests and other financial information into computer system; may review computer printouts for accuracy.
12. May monitor activity in assigned accounts; may audit specified accounts for accuracy; may create accounts.
13. May provide information and respond to inquiries; may advise departments on policies and procedures relating to budget and other financial questions.
14. May review various financial forms and records; may research and resolve discrepancies.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of office rules, procedures and operations regarding budgets, purchasing, accounts payable, etc.
Good oral and written communications skills emphasizing financial information
Knowledge of computer and accounting software
Ability to maintain, review and audit financial records
Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact