Accounting Technician-Accounts Payable
Flat Rock, NC
Closes: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The Accounts Payable Technician works under the direction of the Director for Finance. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring all payments and reimbursements are processed in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and College policies.
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser to apply directly on our website.
What You'll be Doing
- Answer inquiries and provide information concerning policies and procedures or account status to vendors, students, faculty, and/or staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Input vouchers for payment.
- Process employee travel reimbursement requests to include a thorough review to ensure they are compliant with the travel policies of both the College and the NC Community College System.
- Prepare 1099s.
- Prepare monthly sales tax report.
- Scan the capital assets and the high-risk inventory assets of the College throughout the year.
- Assist in cash receipting at the Cashier’s station.
- Prepare invoices for facility events and maintain database to ensure payment received.
- Prepare prepaid spreadsheet for year-end processing.
- Ensure compliance and confidentiality with all policies and procedures of the College, NC Community College System, and applicable State and Federal agencies.
- Maintain the technical competencies necessary to the job function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree in Accounting or a closely related field from an accredited institution. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with major coursework in accounting, finance, or business administration is preferred.
Two years of related work experience required.
Skills and the Know-How
An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission. Possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, superb math skills, and a commitment to safety. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, Content Management Systems (CMS), College email and website, web-based computer applications associated with the position. Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons contacted in the course of work. Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapt to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on the completion of assignments. Experience in NC governmental accounting is preferred.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
Job Post Contact