Closes: Thursday, March 21, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- An associate’s degree in human resources, accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, oral and written communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to deal with continual change.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Demonstrate ability to work with various constituencies of the college community and a diversified population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Proficiency using a personal computer with knowledge of Excel and other spreadsheets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with teams.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission, goals, and objectives of the College.
Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or human resources and Community College experience.
Perform a variety of duties as related to payroll and the associated benefits, exercising independent judgment in accordance with established policies, procedures, and/or government regulations ensuring all applicable deadlines are met and payments are made on a timely basis; while assisting in other areas of the Business Office as needed.
- Compute and process all payrolls to ensure accuracy and that appropriate deadlines are met. Reconcile all trial balance/general ledger discrepancies (full-time & part-time).
- Verify, compute, and process all departmental payroll data; compare time sheets to part-time contracts for compliance with contracted rates and hours to be worked; enter hours to be paid; resolve any discrepancies with each department. Also verify that full-time employee monthly wages agree with signed contracts; including verifying any adjustments or amendments.
- Ensure that the proper payroll account code is used for all full-time and part-time employees.
- Compute and electronically transmit direct payroll deposits to include preparation of deposit notices for the employee and verification with bank. Serve as liaison with bank and employee if problems arise with direct deposit and/or check. Also prepare monthly payroll vouchers to employees not on direct deposit.
- Reconcile all deduct invoices with employee deductions and process deduct vouchers.
- Enter employee leave adjustments as per monthly report prepared and maintained by Human Resources. Verify/approve leave report and discuss questions and/or discrepancies with HR.
- Create and maintain, on a monthly basis, manual files of payroll on full-time and permanent part-time employees including, but not limited to, monthly gross wages, adjustments, other contracts, and benefits. For part-time employees, maintain the total of all departmental spreadsheets (after verifying amounts and codes).
- Prepare and submit all retirement and tax reports to include federal withholding deposits, FICA deposits, state withholding deposits, and all monthly and quarterly tax reports, in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines.
- Prepare calendar year-end payroll reports, including W-2 reporting.
- Verify with Human Resources, for tax purposes, student status for those student employees.
- Prepare reports for fiscal year-end purposes to include payroll accruals, leave accruals, and any other payroll related reports.
- Complete various reports to provide information as requested by external or internal sources as related to payroll.
- Maintain inventory of all forms and supplies as related to payroll department; responsible for completing requisition to order items as needed.
- Assist in records retention and disposal process for payroll department. Also responsible for the accurate filing of payroll files/reports.
Backup Cashier Duties/Functions
- Act as back-up to the Cashier as needed; performing duties of the cashier according to proper account procedures and guidelines; including accounting for the petty cash and change fund; receipting checks, cash, and credit card payments; running and reconciling the daily Cashier reports; and any other necessary Cashier function.
- Assist with the registration process as needed.
- Process request and drawdowns from G5 for: Federal PELL, FSEOG, Work Study and TRIO Grant.
- Work with Financial Aid Director to process FATR for financial Aid awards, R2T4, and reconciling G5.
- Process monthly Due-To-Due-From.
- Attend training and conferences as necessary to remain current and as determined by the Controller.
- Actively participate in staff development workshops, staff meetings and serve on various college committees as assigned.
- Maintain clean, organized work area at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.roanokechowan.edu/about-r-ccc/human-resources/job-opportunit... for more information and to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. As such, the College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.