522 N. Old Carriage Road
Closes: Monday, January 6, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area from a regionally accredited institution with experience in accounting and computer applications.
Previous experience with purchasing and/or eProcurement preferred.
Responsible for Purchasing/Fixed Assets and other accounting tasks.
- Prepare and key various journal entries as required.
- Process purchase orders/requisitions.
- Track outstanding purchase orders for receipt of items.
- Assist with annual fixed asset inventory.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset inventory reports and balance equipment.
- Provide and affix appropriately numbered equipment tags to all fixed assets.
- Maintain the systematic property record of each fixed asset – including location, category, original cost, disposal information, etc.
- Record state equipment budget and monitor throughout the year.
- Initiate all necessary paperwork relating to the acquisition, disposal, and transfer of fixed assets.
- Prepare for and conduct sales of surplus property.
- Serve as first backup to cashier.
- Prepare quarterly HUB purchasing report.
- Prepare and post documentation necessary for solicitations to conduct bids.
Job Post Contact
Morgan H. Roberson, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**