Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, October 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field;
2. Must have cash handling and daily balancing work experience.:
3. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent office and customer service work experience.
1. Must have work experience in higher education;
2. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent accounting work experience;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language
Job Description Summary
Provide administrative and fiscal support to Business Services by serving as the primary cashier administering all receipting, daily deposit preparation, student communications, student payment plans, and all other cashiering functions in an effective and efficient manner.
1. Processes receipts from students and serves as collection point and processor of receipts from live projects, campus bookstore, library, campus security, sponsors, and other third-party payers in accordance with established state accounting procedures.
2. Maintains a system to ensure accountability for cash control, receipt book inventory, and vault security.
3. Assists students, staff, and the public by providing friendly customer service through email, on the phone, and in person.
4. Administers student payment plans including determining the payment schedule for direct deposit payments and coordinating the schedule with the third party payment plan provider, overseeing the daily remittance of payments to the college, choosing and distributing payment plan promotional materials, and assisting students with plan set up, payments, and any payment plan issues or problems.
5. Prepares the daily deposit summary report through the collection and analysis of various payment sources, prepares the
deposit slip of monies to be deposited, and coordinates the delivery of the deposit to the banking institution by campus police. Verifies all of the above for accuracy.
6. Administers the student communication calendar for Business Services sending routine notifications to students regarding all manner of AR issues and composes and sends non-routine notifications on an ad hoc basis.
7. Serves as primary cashier and administrator of the five college payment platforms, leads installation and implementation of new campus payment points, and trains staff involved in collecting, processing, and accounting for payments to the college.
8. Administers the student billing cycle including sending invoices and past due notices, adding and removing student holds, directing students to various sources of financial assistance, and providing students with accurate statement information to guide and assist them with the settlement of balances.
9. Receives daily ACH report and accurately process receipts for electronic payments to the correct accounts.
10. Coordinates the archiving of historical financial data including checks and payment receipts in accordance with the NCCCS record retention and disposition schedule.
11. Administers debt set-off submission of past due balances to NC Dept. of Revenue for funds garnishment, receives payments of garnished funds to student accounts, screens and omits the submission of non-collectible accounts such as bankruptcies, and communicates with the DOR on all debt set-off matters.
12. Coordinates yearly AR balance write-off initiative collecting account balance information, manually moving balances from the student AR-type to the write-off AR type, running payment allocation processes, and reconciling the student and write-off account balances to ensure the accuracy of the transfer.
13. Administers the main business office email account.
14. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
15. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.