Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Thursday, February 14, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree;
2. Cash handling experience;
3. Two or more years of full-time or equivalent office and customer service experience in a business setting.
1. Work experience in a community college or university setting;
2. Knowledge of general accounting procedures;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for comprehensive administration of third party sponsorships and Veteran Administration benefits including; setup, billing, collection and reconciliation. Administers special Foundation and outside grants for student accounts receivable.
1. Administers all functions of third party sponsorships including VA benefits.
2. Administers foundation and outside grants such as the Finish Line grant.
3. Processes continuing education refunds bi-weekly.
4. Invoices and collects returned checks for the college.
5. Monitors all outstanding checks that have not cleared the banking institution in a reasonable time frame.
6. Backups cashier functions.
7. Manages portals for student tuition payments by third parties.
8. Prepares and submits various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as assigned.
9. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
10. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.